As a growing member in the international snack market, with values such as transparency and sustainability, we want to take the lead on working towards a sustainable future. We strive to reduce our business’ environmental impact through every step of the value chain by:
- Ensuring that our products are 100% vegan by maintaining a close relationship to our production partner.
- Maintaining a continuous dialogue with partners and subcontractors to ensure that all of our ingredients are organically produced according to (EG) 834/2007.
- Replacing the amount of fossil-based plastic in our packaging in favor of bio-based plastic produced from renewable resources to the largest possible extent. Today, 70% of the plastic in our packaging consists of bio-based plastic. The replacement of fossil-based to bio-based plastic is made possible through a mass balance solution (for more information about the mass balance approach, click here). With our current packaging structure, 70% bio-based plastic is the maximum share possible. However, we are continuously striving towards finding solutions to increase the share even further without compromising the quality of our snacks.
- Only using FSC certified material for our display boxes.
- Reviewing our packaging alternatives in production as well as during transportation. We strive to reduce the use of fossil-based materials and to move to renewable options, while we continuously work to counteract unnecessary waste.
- Providing 100% climate-compensated shipping options as a minimum when shipping from our own ecommerce store.
- Optimizing our logistics to reduce our fossil footprint. We are constantly exploring alternative transport and fuel alternatives to further reduce our impact on the planet.
From 2020 we have externalized our environmental work in set goals. With 2020 as the base year, the goals formulated below are intended to be achieved within a three-year period – in this case before the end of 2023.
Sustainability goals (2020-2023)
- With the help of lab tests evaluate the possibility of switching to homogenous packaging to optimize the recycling rate.
Update: Lab tests with homogenous packaging have been completed and evaluated during 2021. The result was not satisfying from a food protection perspective, why we are back to the drawing board in the search for a fully recyclable packaging.
- Ensure that we provide shipping options that are climate neutral for our own ecommerce store.
Update: From the launch of our ecommerce store in March 2021, only climate-compensated shipping options have been provided.
- If possible, change to packaging made from 100% recycled or fossil-free material.
Update: With the launch of No-Bake Cookies in October 2021 as a starting point, 70% of the plastic in all packaging produced is replaced by bio-based plastic through a mass balance solution (see above).
- Switch to packaging that fully consists of the same material to optimize recyclability.
- Avoid fossil-based transportation alternatives in shipments under our direct control, and where a sustainable alternative is offered.